Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Live Out Loud

I am constantly amazed when I watch my grandchildren....so free to be themselves. To think that once we were like that too, not bothering whether anybody would label us, free and innocent with not a care in this world. I took these photos of Leane a month ago. (The photos were taken in the shade and the sun was very harsh in the background...normally I would not scrap photos that is not my idea of perfect...but these photos HAD to be scrapped) There she was sitting on the table, as if she belongs there...everyone's little princess. The Boss!


This poem of Marianne Williamson came to mind and that also became my journaling. I did a layout for a Pagemap sketch. It was a half page sketch and I adjusted it for this layout to be 12x12 layout:

Our Deepest Fear
By Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves who am I to be
brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.
Makes you think, doesn't it?
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so inspirational again. That poem is so real compared to how we live our lives, and one can relate to quite a bit in it. Gorgeous layout once again and its always so special to see a child without any inhibitions. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute page Lynette!
    I love both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)
    You have been busy since my last visit (way too long). I love your layouts especially "Sent from Above" and Precious. The poem is gorgeous and I would love to use it if I may.
    Have a great day,
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette, I LOVE that poem, its very touching to my heart. The lo ofcourse is great too, love the smaller photos and I think the photos are perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great poem...thanks for sharing it with us.

    bless...shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to catch up with your blog! Love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are lovely...memories are so important...more so than the quality of the images. She looks like such a footlose & fancy free little girl. The colours you have chosen are so optimistic & sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette, beautiful layout, congrats on the Page Maps layout, it too was wonderful! This is a wonderful poem, very inpsirational, thanks for sharing!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute LO. Great way to add a poem in to describe the your thoughts on the picture! Love it! It is so great to see your love for your grandchildren! I am sure they love you just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is tough being all grown up, but I still don't want to be small again! Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. he hee..... this is just gorgeous!!!! Love all the pictures!
    she is soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥