Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Tsitsikama Canopy Tour

Have I ever told you that I am absolutely terrified of heights....the root of that is a story all on it's own. For the past few years I have wanted to do the Canopy Tour in the Tsitsikamma Forest. It is amazing....about 12 platforms are constucted way up in the tree tops and there is 10 ziplines of various lengths. Here you see us all ready to go.
This photo of the Forest floor was taken from the first platform. You can see the beautiful ferns.
Here is Kobus sliding from one of the platforms.

This slide was the most scary....you had to step down onto steps below the platform before you started sliding. But wow....it was great....I would do it again anytime.
And off I go.
Kobus and I on one of the platforms that is constructed around a massive yellow wood tree.

The last slide!
When we drove back to Plettenberg Bay through the Bloukrans Pass we came across a troup of female baboons with their little ones. This picture shows the beautiful "fynbos". (vegetation that is typical of this area of the country.


xoxo

16 comments:

  1. it looks amazing, I also scared of heights but this looks like a "must do" with the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geluk met die oorwinning van jou hoogtevrees. Dit lyk regtig na pret so hoog in die takke. Ons wil dit nog altyd doen, maar nog nie sover gekom nie. Mooi bly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We did that in Hawaii last year, certainly didn't see any baboons though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez...couldn't do that! The baboonies are gorgeous...I just love them even though they are a hazard here in KZN - after all,they were here before me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! it is beautiful.... great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a lot of fun! Next time we're down that way ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the layouts you will be producing with these stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Lynette, you would never know that you are scared of heights. What an amazing experience and those photos are priecless.
    Thanks for popping by, hope I didn't scare you with my little eye LOL.
    Cheers, Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! I am not afraid of heights, but I do not thing I would have had the courage to do this. The pictures are beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynette -
    High fives on doing the thing you were afraid of!
    Something hugely satisfying about facing your fears, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun! I am also afraid of heights, but maybe it is time to face that fear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynette

    Thanks for following my blog. I visit your blog often and you are truly talented and inspire me a lot.

    Bernadine

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fear of heights is too much for a that! The baboons still amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lot of fun! I did that in Mexico last year over the jungle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥