Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Beautiful Sunset - May 2017 Hip Kit

We had amazing weather last week with temperatures that rose into the 30 degrees C.  I am not complaining...I love the respite from the cold weather and this was right up my alley.  We ended up spending some time at the beach.  Kobus took this photo of Stefan with his cellphone and I wanted to scrap it right away.  The Dear Lizzy Lovely Day (Up and Away) paper was perfect for a background paper.  I am entering the for the Color Story Inspiration Case File 234.

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Dear Lizzy (Lovely Day), Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Cardstock:  American Craft:  Letter Stickers:  Hip Kit Exclusive,  American Craft; Buttons:  Maggie Holmes; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Die cuts:  Dear Lizzy, Hip Kit Exclusives;Foam Stars:  American Craft;  Layered Stickers:  Dear Lizzy; Embroidery Floss:  DMC.

The case file:
This is how I solved this case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence:  Flowers (on the embellishments), transportation (hot air balloon), Sun, scallops.

Testimony:  I documented a warm summers evening in the middle of the winter.  My title is about nature.  My journaling is:  "Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens...every day can end beautifully." - Kirsten Butler
Some close ups:
 I cut the sun from the same patterned paper as the background and then used variegated DMC embroidery thread for the stitching.

 Some layering and the gorgeous Hip Kit Exclusive alpha.

 I adore this collection.

 The foam stars are the foam "beautiful" word is from the Shimelle Thickers by American Craft.

Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens...every day can end beautifully.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope you found inspiration to create something beautiful.♥♥

11 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING! LOVING that photo, the colors and the sun you stitched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitching and that quote! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous especially the stitching! Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and truly inspiring. Love the amazing details and stitching of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love sunsets! Such a beautiful moment captured

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that is a stunning photo... and I love the layout, the quote is sooo good, and fabulous stitching on your sun rays... a really lovely layout.. I hope your weekend has been really refreshing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunning page ... your sewing is beyond awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is brilliant, in every sense of the word! Stunning background and fabulous stitching work! Thank you for playing along with us at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's sun is quite a spectacular element to your page. Great design. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo is absolutely breathtaking. Love your stitched sun and all the sweet details on here. That background paper is perfect to echo the sunset in the photo. You always find the most perfect quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing details and photo! Thanks for you playing with CSI!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥