Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Relax - February 2017 Hip Kit - CSI 233

Hallo there.  I am sharing another of the July Color Story Inspiration Case files today.  I love it when I can get some photos documented and use up some stash at the same time.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams)  Dear Lizzy (Lovely Day); Cardstock:  American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft Thickers; Chipboard:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Flowers:  Prima,  Zva Creative; Stickers:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams);  Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Rubber charms:  Pink Fresh Studio; Ink:  Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade);  Stencil:  Crafters Workshop; Punches:  Ek Success border punch, Upikit leaf punch.

The case file: 
Here is how I solved this case file:

The Scheme:  All colours used.

Evidence:  Text print, book page, flowers, leaves, cursive font, decorative border, stack something (suitcase chipboard and books sticker), triangles

Testimony:  I used the word "Relax"  as my title and the little "hello" sticker on my chipboard girlie.  I documented a vacation ritual...my reading and my journaling is a quote by Nora Ephron.  “Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.” 

The Sketch:  I used the sketch but changed up the two photos up top for a landscape photo.

Some close ups:
 I am so happy to get this photographer girly onto a page.  I used a book page and punched the edge and layered it behind my photo.

 To break my white page and incorporate triangles (evidence) I stenciled some yellow triangles onto the background.

 The very green flower was toned down with a lick of gesso.

 I stacked the books on top of the suitcases...symbolic for me as reading and vacation always go together for me.

 My journaling...reading is truly an escape from reality.

This very cool ombre thickers are by American Craft and they are beautiful.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I am really considering sliding back into blogging about life and the Mission on a regular basis.  One of my biggest regrets in life is that I did not document the past 19 years that our ministry has grown and it is difficult for anyone looking at it now to realise just how much blood, sweat and tears have gone into coming this far.  I need to sit down and somehow get it all down in words.  So difficult because my brain has blanked out so much of those first 6 traumatic years.

Hope to be back soon xx

7 comments:

  1. Great to hear about the story of your Mission! Would love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous page and I so relate to the joy of reading, especially at the end of a tough day and when on holidays. Love the photographer girl and the yellow triangles. Another inspirational layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the triangles and loving the photo girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so lovely, the photo is so peaceful and I love all the embellies you have used... another wonderful memory scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, and that photo, wow it invites you to relax. Lovely layout, thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page! Love your background and use of embellishments! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo and page, Lynette, and that quote is so perfect and true. Love the mix of patterns and how you outlined some of those triangles. Love how you've got so many different kinds of elements on here and they all go so perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥